Monday, January 16, 2012

Building Muscle


Taken from our front porch.  Spring....2011

I can assure you that we all will experience suffering within our lifetime. The question is....what will we do with that suffering? Will we shutdown and abandon God or will we grow spiritually? Suffering is never easy and really something we don't even want to think about. We'll deal with it when it happens...right? I'm not saying...I'm going to like suffering or will welcome it but I want to be able to make sense of it. Yes...something good can come out of our suffering if we trust God. I can offer up my suffering in union with Christ's suffering on the cross for the purpose of helping someone else. Maybe...all of our everyday inconveniences and disappointments are building our muscles for greater sufferings we may have to experience. In suffering... we're not called to endure the cross but to embrace it. I pray to have complete trust in our Lord.

1 comment:

Candice M said...

In today's pleasure-seeking world it is refreshing to hear words like these...good to know that there are still people in this world who embrace the cross unashamed! I have never taken suffering well but I realized very recently that you cannot follow Jesus sincerely without suffering so I am also in the process of praying that he'll teach me to suffer joyfully instead of fretfully! I am one of his very delicate little spoiled brats, my fault completely! Thankfully he is helping me change that... Your thoughts are inspirational glad you are sharing...