Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

To all of my dear friends that pop over to this tiny little blog....I'm thankful for your friendship.  May you be surrounded by the warmth of home...
the love of family & the company of good friends on this Thanksgiving day and always.

 
 
 A Thanksgiving Day Prayer
 
O God, when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work,
help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home,
help me to remember those
who have no home at all;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer,
And remembering,
help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion,
and be concerned enough to help;
By word and deed,
those who cry out
for what we take for granted.
Amen.


1 comment:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

As I read this, I am waiting for my out-of-work neighbor to get home. He called and asked to borrow money --- again. Sitting here I was feeling put upon for all he has borrowed --- and promised to pay back "soon." Then I read your words ...

Thank you.