Thursday, August 28, 2014

I have no rest til I rest in thee


I was excited for St. Monica's feast day yesterday.  She's a great reminder for me to never stop praying for our children to return to the faith.  St. Augustine her son....a great sinner yet a great saint... teaches us that there is always hope for us to return to the Church.  He quoted...'Lord make me good but not yet.'  I laugh to myself every time I'm reminded of him saying that.  Later he say's... 'Lord I have no rest til I rest in thee.'  Thank goodness for his mother praying relentlessly for his conversion.  He's one of the four doctor's of the Church.  St. Augustine pray for us.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Amy, my name is Marvin Max and I am the producer of a brand new catholic podcast. Would you like to do a piece on St.Augustine for the show? The Source and Summit podcast is an open podium for catholics to speak about their love for the Church. In this show you can not only listen to presentations from fellow catholics, you can also present an item yourself. Just click that big orange button on the right side of every page at www.sourceandsummit.cc and start talking to your brothers and sisters. We invite catholics from all walks of life and from all over the world to contribute to the show. The Church, in its unity, is incredibly diverse. Let us celebrate that. Bring your own unique piece to this audio mosaic. Posting a topic is absolutely free, it is super-easy to do and a lot of fun, too!
Go to www.sourceandsummit.cc for more information and to record your contribution. Thanks and may peace be with you, Marvin Max.